Re: xemacs background won't show an .xpm file

Glen Lee Edwards <glen@fcwm.org> writes:

> http://members.fcwm.org/glen/fvwm/fvwm2.jpg

Nice - but do you LIKE those icons?!

> I can't get it to work on the Debian box.  Instead of displaying the
> pixmap I'm getting a solid black background.  Following is the line I'm
> using in .xemacs.conf:
>
> (default ((t (:size "11pt" :stipple "/home/glenlee/.fvwm/paper/grey.xpm"
> :family "Lucidatypewriter"))) t)

Don't know what's wrong with the Lisp, if anything.  Xemacs 21.4 puts its
config files in ~/.xemacs, and calls them init.el and custom.el(from
customize, not to be edited by hand). Have you deliberately changed that?

I usually set such things from .Xdefaults   eg

Emacs*EmacsFrame.default.attributeBackgroundPixmap:   ~/aaa/bitmaps/backgroundtile.xpm

Then do

xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults      to start the new settings   then restart Xemacs

Most of this is in the Xemacs FAQ

hth

Glyn

--