Re: building Postgresql

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 09:43:28PM -0600, Jorge Santos wrote:
| So, I was building postgresql from source (via debian/rules build)
| when it failed due to a missing header file, so I apt-got the package
| which contained the file reran the build and got the following:
|
| jsf@dep3$ debian/rules build

| cat patches/* | patch -p0
| patching file src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_funcs.c
| Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]
| Apply anyway? [n]
| Skipping patch.
| 2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_funcs.c.rej
| make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1

| What should I do here?

I would start over with a clean 'apt-get source', then next time if
you want to restart the build, first remove the patch command from
'debian/rules'.  You can only apply a patch once (think about it).

| And what about build-depends, how do I know if a source package has
| these and how do I make use of them if it does?

# apt-get build-depends postgresql

HTH,
-D

--

(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire network?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/