RE: How to report a Bug (Which Package?)

On 19-Jun-2002 Abdul Latip wrote:
> As suggested in http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting ; I am
> sending this to "debian-user".
>
> I have just installed woody from scratch (due to trying ext3fs);
> and then I run "tasksel". I selected "X11"; and then choose
> "kdm" out of "xdm", "gdm", and "kdm".
>
> Apparently, it installs everything, unfortunately it does not
> like to install "gdm" (dpkg error code 1). Fortunetely, everything
> works fine after rerunning the installation process. As a
> matter of fact, this is the first time ever, I have managed
> automatically to install the X11 server (I used to configure
> it manually).
>
> Question:
> - whoose bug is that?
> - how to report it?

if you have your machine setup to send mail via the mailer daemon (exim by
default) the handy package reportbug will help you.

As to whose bug is it, that is harder to say based on your report.  Try
starting with gdm.  Be sure to give as much of the error message and
surrounding info as you can remember.