Re: locale error messages

On Saturday 12 Jan 2002 11:39 CET Timeboy wrote:

>  On Saturday 12 Jan 2002 04:50 CET Titus Barik wrote:
>
>  > After doing a recent dselect upgrade, I'm noticing the following when
>  > trying to view man pages:
>  >
>  > barik@chronos:~$ man ls
>  > (null): can't set the locale; make sure $LC_* and $LANG are correct
>  > Reformatting ls(1), please wait...
>
>  This could be a bug. I have the same trouble since two days. Trying to
>  configure locales in /etc/locale.gen and /etc/environment had no
>  effect.

I made some experiments and i mean this is NOT a bug! You need to add
(for example)

LANG=en_us

in your /etc/environment. This should fix your trouble. The bug i saw
is in any gnome package and has nothing to do with locales.

Timo

--
Nothing is impossible!

You only need to know the way and price.

 :-)

END_OF_MAIL