Re: locale error messages

On Saturday 12 Jan 2002 04:50 CET Titus Barik wrote:

> After doing a recent dselect upgrade, I'm noticing the following when
> trying to view man pages:
>
> barik@chronos:~$ man ls
> (null): can't set the locale; make sure $LC_* and $LANG are correct
> Reformatting ls(1), please wait...

This could be a bug. I have the same trouble since two days. Trying to
configure locales in /etc/locale.gen and /etc/environment had no
effect.

Please let me know if there is a way to fix this and this is NOT a bug.
Some other things also working bad. Hope that there cames a better
update soon.

Timo