From: Titus Barik <barik@techspot.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: locale error messages
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:50:04 -0500 (EST)

After doing a recent dselect upgrade, I'm noticing the following when
trying to view man pages:

barik@chronos:~$ man ls
(null): can't set the locale; make sure $LC_* and $LANG are correct
Reformatting ls(1), please wait...

The man page seems to load fine, however. Also, I noticed some perl
warnings (maybe errors?) about locale while the dselect was upgrading,
but didn't pay too much attention to them (I should have!).

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Titus Barik (barik@techspot.com)
AIM: TBarik  ICQ: 1604453