Re: NE2000 ISA

* arief muLya (arief@bna.telkomsel.co.id) spake thusly:
> The problem is, I can't just modprobe the module. They says if it's an
> ISA NE2000 Card, I need to give the right IO and IRQ setting when I
> modprobe/insmod the module.

Your best bet is to get a different NIC and throw ne2k away
(yes, I know, finding an ISA NIC may be hard these days).

If it's a jumpered card, you should have (may be able to find)
the fine manual. If not, you'll need the config utility (IIRC
ne2k's weren't pnp, even the ne2k+ that claimed to be, so
fscking around with isapnp won't get you anywhere).

Either way, ne2k had a wide i/o port that overlapped with other
devices' ports in most configurations (FVO "other devices" =
sound card, floppy, ide and parallel port). Configuring them
was a real PITA even if you had the manual and software.

Dima
--
"Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they increase the number of
entities."                                        -- corollary to Occam's Razor