Re: How to build an apt-repository from a CD set

Hi again,

* Nick Hastings <hastings@physics.unimelb.edu.au> [020801 11:13]:

> Check out apt-move. It allows you to put everything in your
> /var/apt/cache into a nice repository that apt-get can read. I can't
> remember exacltly how much tweaking is involved but it goes a little
> like this:
>
> 1. Put all your packages in the cache
> apt-get --download-only --reinstall upgrade

I just realised that this will only put in the packages you already have
installed. There must be a commend to list all the packages on your cd.
Perhaps someone else knows how to do this.

Assuming that this command is called "list-all-on-cd", you could replace
1. with:

apt-get --download-only --reinstall install `list-all-on-cd`

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.18-lavienx #1 Tue Jun 25 19:07:48 EST 2002