Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 20:05, Alan Shutko wrote:
> I saw two suggestions about possible ways he could stop the impact of
> his company's broken mail server.  I did not see "Go home, we don't
> want you."  Is it now intolerance to suggest ways people could fix
> problems that bother others on the list?

just as a matter of public record.

<quote>
> Perhaps it's time to start refusing list posts from Outlook Express.
>
> That'd eliminate 99% of the "unsubscribe" stupidity, as well.

I respond to the address, postmaster@address, and
listmaster@lists.debian.org with the following.  Manually, haven't
procmailed it yet:

    Postmaster@lame.site:  Configure your autoresponder to reply to
    envelope sender, not the thousands of subscribers of mailing lists.

    listmaster@lists.debian.org:  can we please have all subscribers
    from lame.site removed from all Debian mailing lists.

Subscribers behind AV filters and Exchange servers are put on notice.
<quote/>

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."