Re: Re[4]: Bandwidth Monitor

* Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) spake thusly:
> Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 4:16:06 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>
> > net-tools 1.60
> > ifconfig 1.42 (2001-04-13)
>
> AHH! Much better. I was running net-tools 1.54, so I upgraded that and
> now I can see how many Mb I've transferred.
>
> > Have a look at mrtg. You'll need to set up the snmp packages to get it
> > to work, but it will do what you want (and make colour pictures, too!
> > ;)
>
> When I looked at a sample output of mrtg, I saw that it showed only the
> speed (B/s).  While I do like that, and will probably set it up anyway,
> I didn't see that it showed total bytes transferred.  Did I miss that,
> too? =]

Probably not -- my mistake. I've replaced mrtg with rrdtool long ago.

RRDtool is not something you can "just install", you'll need to write
scripts. You can probably find all/most scripts you need on the net,
but you'll most likely have to customize them. OTGH, it does all MRTG
can do, and much more.

Dima
--
Riding roughshod over some little used trifle like the English language is not a
big deal to an important technology innovator like Microsoft. They did just that