Re[2]: Bandwidth Monitor

Wednesday, April 10, 2002, 10:24:58 AM, Shawn McMahon wrote:

>> And does it give Bytes transmitted/received, or just the sheer number
>> of packets?

> Both.  Do an ifconfig now and look at the output.

Here's my output:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:E0:29:30:85:C0
          inet addr:xxx.xxx.xx.x  Bcast:xxx.xxx.xx.xxx  Mask:255.255.240.0
          UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING PROMISC MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:46 txqueuelen:100
          Interrupt:5 Base address:0x220

Forgive me if I'm missing it, but I don't see the Bytes transmitted and
received, only packets.

> So do it automatically.  Make a script that saves it, and set your rc
> links to run it before taking down the network interface on a shutdown.

Unfortunately, I'm not knowledgable in writing scripts just yet. I'm one
of those people who needs to be able to install something, have it work,
and be done with it.  But that's not to say I'm against learning how to
write scripts - it's just beyond my scope at this point in time =]

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
Those who make the rules don't play the game!