Re: Mounting novell volumes on linux

* Pontus Ullgren <pontus@ullgren.com>, 2002-02-04 10:42 -0500:
> I'm stuck in a Novell/NT environment and want to mount Novell volumes on
> my linux machine.
>
> I'm running:
> Debian 3.0 with 2.2.17 kernel.
> kernel modules ipx and ncpfs loaded.
> ncpfs version 2.2.0.18
>
> The servers runs:
> Novell 5.? with NDS
>
> slist lists all servers on the network, but I get the following error
> from ncpmount
>
> # ncpmount -S SERVERFS1 -U user -P secret /mnt
> ncpmount: Unknown NDS error (-610) in nds login
> Login denied.
>
> I have tried with the full nds name:
> # ncpmount -S SERVERFS1 -U .user.con.tex.n.  /mnt
> ncpmount: Unknown NDS error (-610) in nds login
> Login denied.

- Do you have permissions to mount on /mnt?
- Do you have permissions to log in to \ on the Novell server?

My configuration here:

andre@mir:~$ cat .nwclient
HUMANITIES2/myusername mypassword
andre@mir:~$ ncpmount ~/Novell/

I only have permissions for my own home dir there. - Talking about
permissions, you probably want ~/.nwclient to have permissions 0600.

BTW, you can spool print jobs to Novell network printers using, for
example, lpr and magicfilter. Refer to

<http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=de&frame=right&th=231bfb4dffcd04be&seekm=79ccaf%24joj%241%40nnrp1.dejanews.com#>

Hope that helps...

-Andre