Re: Mounting novell volumes on linux

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 09:40:44AM -0500, Pontus Ullgren wrote:

> ncpfs version 2.2.0.18
>
> The servers runs:
> Novell 5.? with NDS
>
> slist lists all servers on the network, but I get the following error
> from ncpmount
>
> # ncpmount -S SERVERFS1 -U user -P secret /mnt
> ncpmount: Unknown NDS error (-610) in nds login
> Login denied.

Using 2.2.0.19 with the tcp-protocol the following works for me:

In this case the user is jspies, the context itg.it.pers.su, the
server SUN_BIT with dns-name bit.sun.ac.za and the mountpoint
/mnt/novell.

ncpmount -o tcp -S SUN_BIT -A bit.sun.ac.za -U jspies.itg.it.pers.su
/mnt/novell/

I don't know whether this wil work with 2.2.0.18.  I am using this
version on advice from the author as we have to use tcp as the only
protocol. I think slist uses ipx.

Regards.

Johann.

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of
      things in heaven, and things in earth, and things
      under the earth; And that every tongue should confess
      that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the
      Father."              Philippians 2:10,11