Re: Which installer? Aptitude, dselect deity...

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:33:24 +0100
Johnny Ernst Nielsen <j.e.nielsen@iname.com> wrote:

> I only know two installers (apt-get and dselect), and have only seen
> other peoples comments on the other two (aptitude and deity).
>
> The sad truth is that currently there is _no_ installer recommendable
> for a _beginner_.

I strongly recommend the Storm Package Manager (stormpkg) currently in
testing and unstable. No other GUI interface to apt-get comes close.
Stormpkg makes it easy whether you want to do a full upgrade or install
just one package, or look at what you have on your system already, or see
what is available. The file /etc/apt/sources.list can also be managed from
within stormpkg.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Debian Linux