CPU Overclocking & Kernel compile

Hi Listers,

What are the issues involved in compiling a kernel on a machine with CPU
overclocked ?

Yesterday I tried to compile 2.4.9 kernel on a celerone machine 466MHZ
which was overclocked to 550MHZ. The motherboard is ASUS P3C2000.

During kernel compilation the machine is either rebooting in between or it
is giving segmentation fault.

Has anybody compiled the kernel on overclocked CPU ? We also could not find
a way to turn the clock speed to it's original speed. Has anybody done the
above stuff in the above make of ASUS motherboard.

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards

--
Rajesh