Re: rm & download

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 03:18:10PM +1200, Richard Hector wrote:
> I guess realplayer must be sending X events to update the screen, so if
> you can intercept those, you should be able to record it frame by frame
> ... Of course if that became popular real might decide to stop supportin
> X :-(

if you're running a firewall, and a decent (perl|c)? hacker, you could
proabably make up a socket-sniffer that would listen and forward the data to
the realplayer host, thus reading the data but letting it continue happily
on its way...

Of course, something like that wouldn't be limited to X, nor to realplayer...
so as long as its unencrypted...

time for me to install gpg :)

--
Adam McDaniel