Re: woody and 2.4.8

	Subject: woody and 2.4.8
	Date: Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:58:40AM +0200

Quoting Sven Gaerner(SGaerner@gmx.net):
> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem running kernel 2.4.8 with Athlon optimizations turned on.
> After compiling and restarting the machine I'm not able to load modules.
> I always get an error that the symbol "_mmx_memcpy()" could not be resolved.
>
> After looking in the sources it seems to be that this module is compiled
> and exported.
> When I compiled my kernel withour this optimizations everything is working.
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Sven

  I have just completed an install of 2.4.8 on a woody box (K6-2 200mhz)
and a potato box (Athlon 1Ghz).  I don't have a module load problem on
either one.

  What, specifically, do you mean by 'Athlon optimizations'?
Here is what I have enabled on the Athlon
#
# Processor type and features
#
# CONFIG_M386 is not set
# CONFIG_M486 is not set
# CONFIG_M586 is not set
# CONFIG_M586TSC is not set
# CONFIG_M586MMX is not set
# CONFIG_M686 is not set
# CONFIG_MPENTIUMIII is not set
# CONFIG_MPENTIUM4 is not set
# CONFIG_MK6 is not set
CONFIG_MK7=y
# CONFIG_MCRUSOE is not set
# CONFIG_MWINCHIPC6 is not set
# CONFIG_MWINCHIP2 is not set
# CONFIG_MWINCHIP3D is not set
# CONFIG_MCYRIXIII is not set
CONFIG_X86_WP_WORKS_OK=y
CONFIG_X86_INVLPG=y
CONFIG_X86_CMPXCHG=y
CONFIG_X86_XADD=y
CONFIG_X86_BSWAP=y
CONFIG_X86_POPAD_OK=y
# CONFIG_RWSEM_GENERIC_SPINLOCK is not set
CONFIG_RWSEM_XCHGADD_ALGORITHM=y
CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT=6
CONFIG_X86_TSC=y
CONFIG_X86_GOOD_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_USE_3DNOW=y
CONFIG_X86_PGE=y
CONFIG_X86_USE_PPRO_CHECKSUM=y
# CONFIG_TOSHIBA is not set
# CONFIG_MICROCODE is not set
CONFIG_X86_MSR=y
CONFIG_X86_CPUID=y
CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM=y
# CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
# CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G is not set
# CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION is not set
CONFIG_MTRR=y
# CONFIG_SMP is not set
CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC=y
CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC=y
CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC=y

Am I missing something?  Is there something I should be enabling for
the Athlon that I missed?

What did/do you have configured that I don't?

Regards
Wayne
--
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN