Re: Problem posting with trn

Hi,

	Well, I installed inewsinn, and here are the results :

Subject: Test 9 from outer space
(leaving cbreak mode; cwd=/home/devel/pgmr)

This program may post news to many machines.
Are you absolutely sure that you want to do this? [ny] y

Prepared file to include [none]:

Your article's newsgroup:
test                    [no description available]

Check spelling, Send, Abort, Edit, or List? s
No such newsgroups as "test".
(Article not posted.)

Check spelling, Send, Abort, Edit, or List?

	Yes, there is a /var/news/lib/active file, and it doesnt contain
the newsgroup test in it. Am I expected to manually update this file each
time I subscribe to a new newsgroup?

	After installing inewsinn, I also edited /etc/news/inn.conf but
Pnews doesnt seem to be reading that file. Is there no way to do this
other than to install a local news server - something which I definitely
do not want to do.

Regards,
Jor-el