Re: woody and 2.4.8

Hi,

I'm now using 2.4.6 with optimizations and it worked for me.

I used the 2.95 gcc that comes with Woody.

At the moment I have no problems.
Did you try to compile your kernel with 'Use multi-mode by default'? Maybe
this can help you.

Bye,

Sven

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:28:18PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> I can't help, but I would like to know which gcc you used, 2.95 or 3.
> I have an athlon processor and built 2.4.6 with optimizations.  I've
> noticed a few weirdnesss--sometimes the system hangs after coming back
> >from power down on the disks, and I'm pretty sure the problem is disk
> related (ATA).
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:58:40AM +0200, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a problem running kernel 2.4.8 with Athlon optimizations turned on.
> > After compiling and restarting the machine I'm not able to load modules.
> > I always get an error that the symbol "_mmx_memcpy()" could not be resolved.
> >
> > After looking in the sources it seems to be that this module is compiled
> > and exported.
> > When I compiled my kernel withour this optimizations everything is working.
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Sven

| Please reply only to sgaerner@[gmx.net][web.de]                         |
| Do not send HTML mails, they will be erased...                          |