Re: Problem posting with trn

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 11:10:12AM -0500, Jor-el wrote:
> Your article's newsgroup:
> test                    [no description available]
>
> Check spelling, Send, Abort, Edit, or List? s
> No such newsgroups as "test".
> (Article not posted.)
>
> Check spelling, Send, Abort, Edit, or List?
>

> 	Yes, there is a /var/news/lib/active file, and it doesnt contain
> the newsgroup test in it. Am I expected to manually update this file each
> time I subscribe to a new newsgroup?

If you don't have a local news server, there's no reason for you to have
/var/lib/news/active at all, so no.

Is it possible that you haven't set the NNTPSERVER environment variable
correctly (it should be the hostname of your news server)? The inews
from inewsinn should honour that environment variable and not try to
look in a local active file if it's set.

Cheers,