RE: Bash/Perl weirdness

> Someone suggested I check that my path includes .
> but I thought that's what the ./ was for?

Yes, you are correct and DO NOT put . in your path.
There was a "rap-on-the-fingers" thread about . in
your path. The Skinny:If a malicious person gets into
your account and puts a function named ls in your home
you would call it first if . is in the front of your
PATH. So, keep using ./ and the Gods will smile upon
you.

Scott Hamma