Re: How to get packages via a Windows box

> > > I'm thinking of a Windows version of atp-get. If I had that, I
> > > could bring down all the packages for X-window  create a local
> > > mirror on my dos partition and then run atp-get under Linux
> > >  this time the local mirror is
> > > my source).
> > >
> > > Has this been done before? Are there binaries I can grab? Do you
> > > have any helpful suggestions?
> >
> > There is a script on vim.sf.net to convert this to GetRight
> > whatever files. And you do get wget for windows.
>
> Hmm. This looks good, but I think this guy's biggest problem is to
> get the packages files. He won't be able to run "apt-get update"
> on his box, and so apt won't know the urls for the debs. (This is
> the same problem I have posted ~1 hour ago -- how to get apt
> up-to-date on an offline box?) So, if anybody can help us, please..

There is an utility named 'apt-zip' or something alike. It allows one
to install stuff moving packages from a networked box to an offline one
using removable media. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't be more
precise, just take a look.

Daniel
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix