Re: How to get packages via a Windows box

> I've installed the base Debian system as a dual
> with MS Windows. I want to install X-Window
> from the Debian web site. The lab where I'm
> 'working' has a DSL connection, however, I can
> only get it to work with Windows.

<snip>

> I've been trying to setup a network connection on
> the Linux side via pppoe, but I have no support
> here and it looks like a dead end.

Have you tried Roaring Penguin's PPPoE client ?? It worked
*perfectly* for me although I've ran into numerous people
who've had trouble with it. In all honesty, I think they were
simply "newbies" (too impatient, didn't read the docs, etc).

The website for the utility is here:
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/

They have a HOW-TO-CONNECT file here:
http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/how-to-connect.txt Print