Re: IMAP: new mail notification works ONLY for inbox?

Hallo Erik,

* Erik schrieb:

>   I would appreciate clarification of this issue (imap and mail delivery
> or imap and new mail notification), I have already read the IMAP book
> and some online docs but haven't found anything about this aspect of
> imap mail serving. I am not sure what to check so some pointers would be
> appreciated (I don't even know whether it's problem of MUAs not asking
> for status of different mailboxes or the above problem of procmail and
> imap both accessing mailboxes on file level or something else)
>
>   my system:
>
>   debian unstable, kernel 2.4.5
>   uw-imapd-ssl
>   various MUAs (mutt, netscape, mozilla etc.)

no problem with mail notifications on my systems here.
debian unstable, kernel 2.4.6
courier-imap-ssl
mutt

.muttrc:
mailboxes = "imaps://imap/INBOX" "imaps://imap/INBOX.debian-user"

The difference to your setup is that I'm using procmail to deliver
to mailboxes in maildir format. (courier only recognize maildir's )

--
bye

Waldemar