Re: IMAP: new mail notification works ONLY for inbox?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Erik Steffl wrote:

>   I am using IMAP server to access email (IMAP runs on my home
> copmputer, I use it to read email from local machine or from other
> machine, I tried several IMAP clients (mutt, netscape, mozilla, and to
> certain extend kmail, balsa, maybe some other that I forgot).
>
>   there is one problem (using all clients):
>
>   the new mail in inbox is decected by email client and I see there is
> new mail. however the new mail on other mailboxes is not detected until
> I enter the mailbox.

This is not an IMAP or procmail problem really.  Whether or not multiple
folders can be checked for incoming mail is a client (MUA)  issue.  For
instance pine has an incoming-folders entry in .pinerc.  Any folders
listed there will be polled for new mail.  I imagine other clients have a
similiar feature.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>