Re: Upgrading kernel

>     Daniel> 	I've upgraded the default potato kernel to 2.4.3 by
>     Daniel> downloading the sources and following the instructions in
>     Daniel> the documentation of kernel-package.
>
> Is there a reason you didn't get the latest and greatest (2.4.7)?

	2.4.3 was the latest and greatest back then... :)  BTW, 2.4.8 is out.

> If you have a .config file in your top-level kernel directory, you can
> read it in using xconfig. Make any changes you want and you can write
> out a new .config before building.

	I never installed a kernel using the woody mirrors yet. Whenever I upgrade a
package using dselect, it simply unpacks it and configures it. I guess
whether the installation of a kernel package is somewhat different in that it
would require user interactive configuration (in the middle of dselect
activities).
	Could you please explain a bit about how would you install and configure the
kernel this way ?? I mean, how do dpkg operates when the package is a kernel.

Daniel
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix