Re: Upgrading kernel

    Daniel> 	I've upgraded the default potato kernel to 2.4.3 by
    Daniel> downloading the sources and following the instructions in
    Daniel> the documentation of kernel-package.

Is there a reason you didn't get the latest and greatest (2.4.7)?

    Daniel> Now I would like to upgrade the kernel using
    Daniel> the package already distributed with woody, but I don't
    Daniel> know how it is configured or whether/how I can change that
    Daniel> configuration. Any advice ??

If you have a .config file in your top-level kernel directory, you can
read it in using xconfig. Make any changes you want and you can write
out a new .config before building.

--

Robert Koss, Ph.D.     | Training, Mentoring, Contract Development
Senior Consultant      | Object Oriented Design, C++, Java