Re: Network Drivers

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 04:57:08PM +0100, Andrew Laurence wrote:
| > I think that you got all drivers you need along with your Debian
| > distribution. I searched the net (ethernet+82559+linux) and
| > found that
| > correct driver for your card should be eepro100. I am new to
| > Debian, but I
| > guess that only thing you have to do is to run dbootstrap,
| > choose 'Configure
| > Device Driver Modules' and select kernel module eepro100
| > among other things
| > you need.  This should work.
|
| Just running 'Configure Device Driver Modules' results in a screen asking if
| I wish to add modules via /dev/fd0 to which I decline, and it then gives the
| error ...
|
| --------
|
| No modules were found in
| /target/lib/modules/2.2.19pre17-idepci that could be
| configured.  Please install the modules first.
|
| <Continue>
|
| --------
|
| I then return to the main menu and I'm no better off than when I started :-(

You'll need the drivers disks too then.  The basic root and rescue
disks have no modules because of the limited capacity of floppy disks.
There are a bunch of driver disks that can be downloaded from the same
place you got the root.bin and rescue.bin files.

If you have access to a CD burner, you could simply download the
entire CD iso and install from there.  It may be easier than trying
get the network driver for your card.

-D

PS.  I didn't recognize any of the files in that list you sent me.
     Drivers (by themselves) usually have much less source and are
     sometimes are contained in a single file (for example the tulip
     driver).