Re: Network Drivers

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 11:52:55AM +0100, Andrew Laurence wrote:
| > i think there's some file called README or INSTALL among the
| > files in the
| > archive. Read these! There usually is explained how to
| > install the drivers.
| > I also think that what you've downloaded are only the
| > sources. You have to
| > compile them first to get the real drivers out. But as saif
| > before, this
| > should be explained in the README or INSTALL file.
|
| This could prove problematic, as I have no knowledge of compiling C programs
| and have no compiler either.  Anyone know how I can do it?  The readme says
| about using MS C++ compiler, but that's a bit expensive really :-(

Well, once you get Debian installed you can have a (free!) C and C++
compiler.  It's usually as easy as "./configure ; make ; make install"
but it all depends on the source.

What are the names of the .c files?  It is possible that the driver
disks already include that module.  If not, I could build them and we
could find out if modules built with a 2.2.19 kernel work with
2.2.18pre21 (I think that's what the install disks have).

HTH,
-D