Re: NFS alternative

* Jean-Baptiste Note (noteje@poly.polytechnique.fr) spake thusly:

> from my own limited experience, stale mounts are not a problem if you
> can unmount then mount again the partition containing the "damaged"
> export. Note that mount -o remount doesnt do the trick, but umount then
> mount does it. That's why i keep nfs mounts on separate partition.

That works if you don't have a process blocked on IO to stale mount.
IME fuser -k and umount -f don't work on these; reboot is the fastest
way to clear it.

It gets particularly bad when you have a bunch of servers exporting
some FS's and nfs-mounting some others. Then you end up with dependency
loops where rebooting one server creates stale mounts on others.
Loads of fun.

But this is way OT.

Dima
--