sticky directories

Good day-

IIRC, on another Unix, I was able to use the
sticky bit on a directory to cause new entries
in that directory to inherit ownership and
permissions.  In Debian, the semantics of the
directory sticky bit are to add additional re-
strictions on modifying the directory's entries.

Q: is there some way in Deb to cause new
files to inherit ownership and permissions?

In particular, I want files created by certain
users in a certain directory to be owned by
a group that each belongs to but that is not
the primary group of any of them.

TIA,

  -=greg