Re: internet connection (sent incorrectly, repeated here)

Mike Missett writes:
> The installation went well and is up and running, but I can't seem to get
> anywhere on the internet.  ppp is dialing the modem and making the
> appropriate noises, but the other programs insist that nothing is
> happening.  Telnet says no connection, Apt-get and dselect say things
> like Failed to get, could not resolve, no such file or directory, host
> name lookup failure, error exit status 1, etc.

Type 'ping -c1 www.debian.org'.  If that works ppp is working.  If not type
'ping -c1 198.186.203.20'.  If that works ppp is working but the resolver
isn't and you most likely need to put the correct nameserver ip's in
/etc/resolv.conf.

Type 'plog' as root and post the output.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org