Re: Problem running Java code

Kenward Vaughan wrote:

Sorry for what may be a trivial ?? for the Java-folks, but I'm not one
myself... yet.  I DL'd a package called jchempaint for my chemistry classes
which is a java app.  I installed java-common and kaffe, believing that to
be what was need to run the program.  But when I try it, I get:

  daddy:~# jchempaint
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JPanel
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
	at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main(ExecJarName.java:58)
	at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main(ExecJar.java:59)

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or missing a package?

you're trying to use an app that uses the Sun Java Foundation Classes (JFC). these are not free. see the [0]blackdown project page for information on downloading the "official" Java2 SDK for Linux.

/ben

[0] http://www.blackdown.org

--
|_     |_ | _  _ |_  	             "Gravity cannot be held responsible
|_) .  |_)|(_|(_ |\             for people falling in love." -- Einstein