Problem running Java code

Sorry for what may be a trivial ?? for the Java-folks, but I'm not one
myself... yet.  I DL'd a package called jchempaint for my chemistry classes
which is a java app.  I installed java-common and kaffe, believing that to
be what was need to run the program.  But when I try it, I get:

  daddy:~# jchempaint
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/JPanel
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)
	at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main(ExecJarName.java:58)
	at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main(ExecJar.java:59)

Am I doing something obviously wrong, or missing a package?

The app (which I changed to reflect the complete path to the .jar file) is:

  daddy:~# cat /usr/local/bin/jchempaint
  #!/bin/bash java -Djchempaint.home=. -jar /usr/local/bin/jchempaint.jar

and its associated files are under the jar subdir there:

  daddy:~# ls /usr/local/bin/jar
  README.txt          batik-util.jar  jai_codec.jar  sax.jar
  aelfred.jar         cml.jar         jai_core.jar   vecmath1.1-1.12.jar
  batik-awt-util.jar  compchem.jar    jmdraw.jar     xerces-1.2.1.jar
  batik-dom.jar       dadml.jar       junit.jar

Thanks,

Kenward
--
It is not so very important for a person to learn facts.  For that he
doesn't really need a college education, for he can learn them from