Re: Newbie sound help

Peter, Nils,

I've identified the sound chip in question, it's a Crystal CS4236.
The settings in WinNT can be seen in this picture:
http://www.netg.se/~hugge/images/Sound.jpg . The alsa-related
stuff I've nstalled from the CDs can be seen in this excerpt from
root's .bash_history (commented by me):
http://www.netg.se/~hugge/html/root_bash_hist.txt . I also made
a copy of the output from alsaconf (minus all the curses-stuff!),
where you can see that a file is missing:
http://www.netg.se/~hugge/html/alsaconf.txt . Finally the file
created by alsaconfig is in
http://www.netg.se/~hugge/html/alsa.txt .

So far I haven't compiled anything, as the module already exists.
If I run /etc/init.d/alsa start I get this text:
Starting sound driver: snd-card-cs4236 failed.

Feels like I'm getting close, but at the same time, maybe I have
missed something really obvious, just don't know what yet.

Ideas, anyone?

--
   .~.
   /V\