Re: Which editor for programming?

Quoth Michael P. Soulier,
>     I tried Emacs for about 6 months, pouring through O'Reilly's book and
> learning it well. I hated the arthritic keybindings, but I managed because I
> liked a lot of the features. I tolerated the pigginess of it because I thought
> such poor performance was necessary. Then the broken Perl modes moved my code
> incorrectly yet again, and I killed the thing and went back to vanilla Vi,
> where it did what I told it to do. Then I found Vim.
>
> Eight
> Megs
> And
> Constantly
> Swapping
>
>     ;-)

While I'm trying not to buy into Yet Another Editor Holywar, my
favourite EMACS backronym (found in some file that comes with the EMACS
distribution, I believe) is:

 Generally
 Not
 Used,

 Except by
 Middle-
 Aged
 Computer
 Scientists

Disclaimer: I use emacs for heavy duty stuff (eg., my thesis in LaTeX),
and Vim for everything else...

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
Criminologist/Linux Geek  | As my head fell in the basket,