RE: Bastille-Linux and Debian

On 02-Nov-2000 m_g_m@gmx.net wrote:
> I'd like to know if Bastille-Linux (which was intended for Red Hat
> 6.x-Systems) works fine on Debian, too, if anyone has experiences with it
> already
> and / or if there's an equivalent for Debian aswell.

I have read the bastille perl scripts and I am currently in discussions to port
and or implement an equivalent for Debian.

Bastille is meant to fix a broken RH install.  Most of what it does makes no
sense on a Debian box.  Quite a good deal of the code will also fail, as it
expects things in RH's locations, not Debian's.

If you feel you need it, read the scripts, implement as much as you can on your
box by hand.

Maybe in the future we will have a task-hardened-debian which will do some of
what Bastille does.