Re: AW: Libraries for aout-binaries

"Walther, Christoph" <Christoph.Walther@telekom.de> wrote:
>Thank you for this tip;

No problem.

>meanwhile I've installed the oldlibs packet "libc5 5.4.46-3" for running
>this a.out-binary.
>Now, during executing /usr/X11R6/bin/Xsetup,
>the system answered:
>
>/usr/lib/X11/AcceleratedX/arch/LINUX/Xaccel-elf:
>can't load library 'libtermcap.so.2'
>
>It seems, there are further library is needed, but I could
>find only the /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.

The termcap-compat package, again from oldlibs, contains
libtermcap.so.2, so install that and see what happens.

If you download
<URL:ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/Contents-i386.gz> (or
Contents-alpha.gz, or whatever your architecture is, and of course
substitute a mirror of ftp.debian.org as appropriate or use your CD),
then you can search for what package contains any given filename.

There's also a web interface to this at
<URL:http://packages.debian.org/>.

Regards,