-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: cjw44@flatline.org.uk [mailto:cjw44@flatline.org.uk]
Gesendet am: Donnerstag, 2. November 2000 14:07
An: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: Libraries for aout-binaries

"Walther, Christoph" <Christoph.Walther@telekom.de> wrote:
>Debian Linux 2.2 basically installed, now I want to execute
>/usr/X11R6/bin/Xsetup to configure
>my Matrox MGA Impression-graficcard.
>But then I'll get back:
>
>./Xsetup: /usr/lib/X11/AcceleratedX/arch/LINUX/Xaccel-aout:
>cannot execute binary file and exec format error
>
>Does somebody knows, which libraries eg. are needed running this Xsetup
>correctly?

Sounds like you need to compile support for the a.out binary format into
your kernel; it's in the "General setup" section of the kernel
configuration.

If that doesn't work, try 'ldd
/usr/lib/X11/AcceleratedX/arch/LINUX/Xaccel-aout' to find out what
libraries it depends on.