dead hoarse, crawling away.

Hi

I have just read an article by a chap named Kurt Seifrieds, which was
mainly about security on Debian. I was alarmed and have decided to
switch to Red Hat as many experts advises can be used to secure it.

There are a few remarks I want to make as a sign off:

Let me paraphrase a chap called Wittgenstein on a sentence like: "This
is a blue chair." Many humans could argue about whether the chair is a
stool but most humans might start a big row about the correct colour of
the object in question.

Thus only a computer program might all the time return the same "blue
chair" when asked to find it. In ordinary speak one might say that look
at your dog or car and I might say who you are. One might then question
whether humans which uses computers most of the time might change to
believe that what they do or say in a true and scientific manner are
actually a scientific truth.

As an example take the warming up of the floppy disk drive when writing
a boot disk. I have not locked my setting as advised but instead written
down all values found when doing it. On two different machines I have
found (1700 +/- 80) and (1600 +/- 80), and disks can be read by each
drive. Thus the scientific method is wasted on an 'antenna' whose
half-width is larger than the possible gap of settings. To hold on to
what is proven science and not change might leave you in a pathetic
stone age society. Instead you might learn about a natural way of living
in 'Chaos' and not believe that the pendulum is fully mathematically
mapped and understood. You can start by using the Lorentz contractor as
your screensaver.

It is then possible that you may be painting yourself into a corner,
with your proprietary way of naming standard libraries and down-patching
found bugs instead of upgrading.

But it is a free choice and you may reign your way.

bye
guran