Potato does not run the /etc/ppp/ip-up script

Hello,

I have been setting up a script that adds firewall rules to ipchains.
Because my ISP assigns a dynamic IP address after the connection has been
made, the script has to be run after the connection has been established.

I have done this before at a company I have worked for on a redhat box by
altering the /etc/ppp/ip-up.local script. I have looked at the /etc/ppp
directory on my Potato box and I think Debian has a much better way of doing
this by running 'run-parts /etc/ppp/ip-up.d' from the ip-up script. However,
I moved my firewall script to the /etc/ppp/ip-up.d dir, I did a chmod 755 on
the script, but the system does not seem to run the script.

Manually running the script works, 'run-parts --test /etc/ppp/ip-up.d' shows that it will run
the script, so I think /etc/ppp/ip-up does not get executed.

Who can tell me what I am doing wrong here?

I use the dial on demand options from pppconfig.

Tia,

Robert-Jan Kuijvenhoven