Re: Sawmill config & Gnome CC

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 05:46:55PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> Sawfish (as it is called by now) is configurable in GCC itself (look a
> little bit further down ...), so I guess, the config tool is disabled
> there.

Well, I upgraded to sawfish-gnome; the config tool came up in Gnome
CC.  But no changes got accepted. So, went to the command line; ran
sawmill-ui; the error message revealed some config problem (don't
remember exactly).  Read the docs and thought I need a
~/.sawfish/custom file. It didn't exist so I 'touch'ed it.

And now, I can make changes to the WM! Specifically, I wanted another
workspace.

There's a moral in there somewhere when the command line saves the
day|gui and you're trying to use the gui for the eye candy and to make
things easier to use.

Jonathan