A few misc. problems

A couple of minor things:

1. I installed xfstt which works fine but I am not able to change the font size
in netscape when using true type fonts.  Anybody ever have that problem?  Are
there some better fonts I could use instead?

2. I did a ftp install using the disks from the 2.2.16 directory.  Upon
installation it says I am using 2.2.17 which is fine.  Can I install the ata66
patch (which seems to only go as high as 2.2.16) on a 2.2.17 kernel?

3. How do I start postgres on startup?	I'm confused with all the different
/etc/rc*.d directories.  This is how I think it is supposed to go:

'su -c postgres postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data >logfile 2>&1 &'

Do I put this in a '/etc/rc?.d/S??postgres' file?  What should go in place of
the question marks?  Do I need a Kill file as well?

4. When I chang the information in linuxconf for eth0 and eth1 the changes
never seem to stick.  Meaning I open it right after closing it and it didn't
save anything.	What are the files that I can edit directly?   On redhat they
are like '/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1'

Thanks in advance,
cxpx