Re: Help: disk problems..

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 04:49:21PM -0500, Gregory Guthrie wrote

Your root filesystem is on /dev/hda6, but rcS said:
> | .. checking root file system
> |  fsck.ext2: attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read
> while trying to open /dev/hda1
> |  Could this be a zero length partition?

It's trying to fsck your extneded partition, rather than your true root
partition.  My guess is that /etc/fstab is wrong, and that it lists
/dev/hda1 as root instead of /dev/hda6.  The fact that you get to
single-user mode means that hte kernel and LILO are configured correctly.

HTH,

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au