Re: Using Rock Ridge extentions with Windowns NT 4

On 27 Jul, david.cureton@nokia.com wrote:
  |  	HI,
  |  		Since I do not have a CD-ROM in my linux box I am trying to
  |  serve the Debian CD from my Wintel NT 4.0 box via FTP. This appears to work
  |  OK except that NT does uses 8.3 file names of the ISO9660 file system and
  |  does not make use of the rock ridge extentions. Therefore dselect can not
  |  find the packages as it expects them to be called.
  |
  |  Is there any software availabe that supports rock ridge extentions under NT
  |  4.0 or alternativly a script that, after copying the CD to harddisk,
  |  modifies the 8.3 file names to there long version using the trans.tbl
  |  translation table?
  |
  |  Cheers David

Which Service Pack are you using?  Seems it should support long file
names, and have both Rock Ridge & Joliet extensions.  Is it a Winnt
ftp-ism causing this?  Or when you read the CD, say with Explorer, are
the file names truncated?
--

Eric G. Miller