Re: Mutt & libc6

On Sat, Apr 25, 1998 at 05:12:39PM +1000, Chris wrote:
> With all the discussion of pine v's mutt, etc, etc, I thought I'd take a
> look a mutt and see what people where on about.
>
> However, I am currently running a bo system (waiting for hamm to go
> stable) and I can't find a package for mutt.  Is there one?  The only
> package I could see was for hamm - and that requires libc6.

There's a (by now already quite old) libc5 version in
bo-unstable/binary-i386/mutt_0.88-1bo1.deb .

If you want a newer version, please compile it from source; the Debian mutt
source should still compile on a bo system without problems.

> Also, I was considering installing libc6 - is it difficult?

It's not as easy as installing a new package, but it isn't very difficult.

> what would be the best way to do it (ie.  should I just get the libc6.deb
> file and use dpgk -i?)

No. You have a fairly big chance of breaking your system that way. You
should use the autoupgrade script which can be found e.g. at
http://www.debian.org/devel/autoup.sh .

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,