Re: Fast Network Terminal Graphics (gnuplot)

Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:

> Greetings!  So what's the most efficient mechanism for getting gnuplot
> graphics displayed across a telnet session without using X windows?
> Something beside the "dumb" terminal driver of gnuplot would be nice.
> Years ago, a friend helped me setup Tektronics terminal emulation
> under kermit, but I can't seem to get it working now.

xterm has a Tektronix emulation mode.  Try starting gnuplot and typing
"set term vttek", then plotting a simple graph.  This is considerably
better than "dumb".

You might find you have to swap between the VT102 and Tektronix
windows manually from the menus.  You could bind keys to these like
this in ~/.Xresources :

XTerm*VT100.Translations:	#override \
			Ctrl<Key>F11:set-terminal-type(tek) \n\
			Ctrl<Key>F12:set-terminal-type(vt100)
XTerm*Tek4014.Translations:	#override \
			Ctrl<Key>F11:set-terminal-type(tek) \n\
			Ctrl<Key>F12:set-terminal-type(vt100)

	  GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."