Fast Network Terminal Graphics (gnuplot)

that has been posted as well.

Greetings!  So what's the most efficient mechanism for getting gnuplot
graphics displayed across a telnet session without using X windows?
Something beside the "dumb" terminal driver of gnuplot would be nice.
Years ago, a friend helped me setup Tektronics terminal emulation
under kermit, but I can't seem to get it working now.  It just takes
too long to get a gnuplot plot displayed under remote X across slow
network connections.  X compressors help somewhat, but still.  Any
ideas?

Thanks!

--
cmaguire@enhanced.com				      Camm Maguire