cs4232c sound card

Hi.
I have a no-name CS4232c-Crystal-PnP-based card with an on-board IDE
(CD-ROM) controller, which is positively 16-bit, but which i can only make
it work as an 8-bit SB Pro, with no MIDI (which is also a waste since OPL3
and MPU-401 are supported).
The trick: i _have_ to boot DOS, use the DOS card-driver to initialize it
and LOADLIN afterwards, since i _want_ the CD-ROM controller, and linux
can't configure it (CS4232 support is only about sound, and even if it was
about IDE, it would have to initialize the CS4232 _before_ IDE initialization).
But if the card is already initialized when sound-driver inits, CS4232
linux-driver can't be used (correct me if i'm wrong - i couldn't make sense
of the 'help'-text about CS4232 - i've tried compilation but failed - no sound)
So, i'm stuck with 8-bit SB Pro, with no MIDI (why is that anyway?).
I also tried out MSS support which is also supported by the card, but i got
no sound at all (i also couldn't make sense of the 'help' text about ports
and such).
Any ideas?
here is the output of the dos-driver:

CrystalWare(tm) CS4232 Audio Initialization Utility, Version 1.70
Copyright(c) 1993-96 Crystal Semiconductor Corp. All Rights Reserved.

  *  Testing for SIS IOCHRDY chipset.
  *  Making sure cs4232 is in wait for key state.
  *  Override Plug N Play Configuration.
  *  Isolating all cards.
  *  Sending Key
     WSS: I/O =  534,  IRQ =   5,  DMA0 =  1,  DMA1 =  0.
     OPL3: I/O =  388,  IRQ = Disabled.
     SBpro: I/O =  220.
     Joystick: I/O =  200.
     4232 Ctrl: I/O =  128,  IRQ = Disabled.
     MPU-401: I/O =  330,  IRQ =   9.
     Logical Device 4: I/O =  1E8, 3EE,  IRQ =  11,  DMA = Disabled.
     Logical device 5 disabled.
  *  Card is Configured.
  *  Modifying blaster environment variable.
  *  Temporarily Muting Master Volume.
  *  Downloading CS4236 Firmware Code, Version 55.
  *  Restoring Master Volume.
  *  Both Crystals and DMA timing on.
  *  Updating driver settings.

Thanks to you all.