Some Newbie Questions

I am a Windows 95 user who has recently been introduced to the world of
Linux (Debian (2.0, I think ??)). I have partitioned off about 1 GB of my
hard drive to Linux, and the rest is DOS/W95.

I am trying to work out ... is it possible to share files between the two
operating systems (i.e. Linux and W95) ?

Here is a practical example of what I mean.....I am trying to sell the
concept of Linux to a friend of mine who only uses W95 at the moment.
Suppose I wanted to create a screenshot (.BMP) from a session that I was
running in WMaker or Afterstep....how would I get it across to W95 so that I
could EMail the picture to him ??

(Is a BMP in Linux the same format as a BMP file in W95 ?)

...and talking about EMails, can anyone give me any leads on the best way I
can connect to the Net in Linux, surf the Net, send/receive EMails,
participate in Chat programs etc. ?

I'm experienced in W95, but I am only starting out in the world of Unix
(...a whole new world), so if any responses could be in layman's terms I
would be grateful :)

Thanks in advance for your help !!

regards,
Andrew J Fortune